Three countries file protests against the Thai government's tax rebate for first-car buyers, claiming it is an unfair and illegal trade practice because it excludes imported vehicles. Diplomats from the Malaysian, Indian and South Korean embassies sent protest notes to the Trade Negotiations Department of the Commerce Ministry, saying the scheme violates the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade of the World Trade Organization. The Bangkok Post reports embassy officials met after the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.