If Thailand wants to produce 2 million vehicles annually by 2010, it can not rely solely on the 1-ton pickup truck to achieve its goal, Honda Automobile (Thailand) Co. Ltd. President Hiroshi Toda says. "The 1-ton pickup truck can't do it alone," Toda tells the Bangkok Post. "It needs a partner, not a sidekick, but a partner, with a status worthy of a champion product to drive automobile sales in both domestic and export markets." Toda says that partner most likely should be an A-segment ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.