The Thai cabinet approves an excise-tax deduction for first-time car buyers who purchase locally built vehicles between Sept. 16, 2011, and Dec. 31, 2012. Deputy government spokesman Chalitrat Chantharubeksa says the vehicles must have an engine capacity of not more than 92 cu.-in. (1.5L) or be double-cab pickup trucks with unlimited engine capacity but with a price not exceeding TB1 million ($33,133). The refund is capped at TB100,000 ($3,311). Buyers are required to retain ownership ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.