Thailand made the right decision and Malaysia the wrong one when the two chose different roads for their car-making policy 35 years ago, BMW AG’s top Thailand executive, Karsten Engel, says in published reports. Engel, who is returning to Munich to take up a new position with the auto maker, says Thailand's open-door policy has given the country a good foundation to build a modern motor industry, creating industrial excellence, jobs and export opportunities. "Thailand made a decision ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.