The Thai government appointed by the military junta is reviving an earlier policy of promoting the design and production of so-called EcoCars, this time under the banner “Agile, Clean, Economical and Safe” (ACES). Industry Minister Kosit Panpiemras says pickup trucks do not have to be the sole leading product for the automotive industry if others prove beneficial to the economy. "There's no problem if small and fuel-efficient cars (are) promoted as another champion product for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.