Thailand's new-vehicle buyers shrugged off a month of deadly violence in the streets of Bangkok as April sales surged 43.8% from year-ago to 57,128 units. The monthly result left year-to-date sales up 51.8% at 223,930 units. But that represents a slight decline from the 52.6% year-on-year jump in March, when 63,007 vehicles were sold, notes Toyota Motor Thailand Co. Ltd., which compiles data for the industry. Toyota credits the still-strong showing in April to an improving economy, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.