The Thai government has set a preferential 17% excise-tax rate for small, fuel-efficient cars under its EcoCar project. The tax rate compares favorably to the 30% to 50% excise-tax rates for standard passenger cars. The EcoCar classification is open to cars meeting engine size, fuel efficiency, emissions and production criteria. Finance Minister Chalongphob Sussangkarn says the new tax rate will take effect in October 2009, as the government doesn’t want the new rate applied immediately ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.