Expect still another engine plant investment by Chrysler Group following today's announcement of a $570-million outlay to accommodate production of the auto maker's new V-6 engine family, dubbed Phoenix. The latest investment – destined for the auto maker's existing plant in Saltillo, Mexico – sheds more light on Chrysler's $3 billion “Powertrain Offensive,” unveiled in February but overshadowed by corporate parent DaimlerChrysler AG's admission that the pentastar company was for sale. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.