Slow sales of the Opel Astra compact car could idle 1,000 workers, warns a European labor official. General Motors Corp. is contemplating a shift reduction at one of its three Adam Opel AG plants, says Rainer Einenkel, works council chief at Opel. The auto maker’s Astra is assembled at Bochum, Germany; Antwerp, Belgium; and Ellesmere Port, U.K. A spokesman for the auto maker denies there are any shift reduction plans. Opel announced last year that it would slice 9,500 jobs from its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.