Tianjin Automotive Xiali Co. Ltd. reportedly will sell a controlling stake to First Automotive Works (FAW) for RMB1.42 billion ($171.6 million). Tianjin Xiali’s parent company, Tianjin Automotive Industry Corp., agreed on Aug. 26 to sell a 50.98% stake in Tianjin Xiali to FAW, China’s largest auto maker. Some 739.29 million state-owned institutional shares will be sold to FAW at RMB 1.9229 ($0.23) a share. The shares make up 60% of Tianjin Auto’s 84.97% stake in Tianjin Xiali.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.