DEARBORN, MI – With its $4.1 billion restructuring plan, observers say Ford Motor Co. is doing all it can – too much, says the Canadian Auto Workers union – to reverse its fortunes. The plan – which shutters up to seven plants, eliminates 35,000 jobs globally, significantly reduces capacity and purges the auto maker of four vehicle lines by year’s end – targets a mid-decade turnaround. “I don’t think they could do it any faster,” says Burnham Securities analyst David Healy, referring to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.