CANTON, OH – Against the backdrop of a looming possibility of federal legislators hiking auto industry corporate average fuel economy standards by nearly 50%, one longtime supplier is holding out the promise of a large and immediate efficiency boost – for a comparatively minor investment. At a recent presentation at the company’s technical center here, executives and engineers at the Timken Corp. say that they can make any existing automotive engine as much as 5% more efficient simply by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.