KOBE, Japan — One year has passed since Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. and Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd. announced plans to form a global alliance, and analysts remain divided over the potential impact. Is it the first step for a U.S. takeover of a 90-year-old Japanese institution, or the beginning of the end for one of the grand names in an American industry? The jury still is out. “The next logical step would be for a complete takeover of Sumitomo,” says Peter Boardman, New York ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.