With tire pressure concerns at the news forefront, WEVTU evaluates the tire-pressure warning system Toyota Motor Corp. (for the Sienna minivan) and other automakers now offer as one technology that may see broader use. In the Toyota system, low tire-pressure indication is a by-product of small differences in wheel speed or rebound rate sensed by the antilock brake system. A tire with low pressure has a slightly reduced outer diameter, hence, operates at a different speed in relation to the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.