Ford Motor Co. will keep its St. Louis, Twin Cities (MN) and Edison, NJ, plants closed at least one more week in an effort to divert more Firestone tires to Bridgestone/Firestone Inc.'s recall effort. The three plants were slated to come back up today, Sept. 11, after a two-week shutdown that saw 70,000 tires funneled into the recall. The extra week of downtime will cost Ford production of 5,400 '01 Explorers and 8,500 '01 Ranger and Mazda pickups. No scheduled Mercury Mountaineer ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.