The old cliché purports that things happen where the tire meets the road — and that's likely just where DaimlerChrysler AG (DC) will make the first decisions on its new global supply arrangements. DC executives have mentioned tire suppliers as the likely starting point for the company's initiative to combine and streamline the supply base of the former Chrysler Corp. and Daimler-Benz AG organizations. Discussions could begin in earnest this month, says Gary C. Valade, DC's purchasing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.