DETROIT – There is no need for a third shift at Chrysler Group’s Toledo, OH, Jeep plant with the existing product, says President and CEO Dieter Zetsche. That product is the Jeep Liberty and Zetsche says he is pleased with its performance and the current production in Toledo, which next year will add a model powered by 2.8L diesel to the mix. A third shift in Toledo appears contingent on adding a 2-door model. “We are very pleased with the performance of the Liberty, given the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.