SEOUL – When the Global Engine Mfg. Alliance plant in Dundee, MI, was first announced in February 2003, the plan was to produce 4-cyl. engines for the three joint-venture partners – Chrysler Group, Mitsubishi Motors Corp. and Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. – for their North American-built products. The engines also were to be manufactured by Mitsubishi in Japan and Hyundai in South Korea for domestic and export markets. However, Hyundai announced in June 2004, four months before Dundee ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.