Industry watchers expecting to see General Motors Corp. cede to Toyota Motor Corp. for last year’s global sales supremacy better hold onto their ringside seats as the two have tied for No.1 best-selling auto maker in 2007. GM is reporting sales of 9.6369 million vehicles globally last year, equal to the rough result released by Toyota Motor Corp. last week. Toyota, which will be releasing more detailed results in the coming week, estimates its global sales for the year at 9.37 million. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.