GENT, Belgium – To most OEMs, body-in-white construction is a core competency. To have a supplier provide all pre-assembled body panels for a new vehicle would be unthinkable, right? Tower Automotive plays crucial role in assembly of new Volvo S40. Not to Tower Automotive Inc. and Volvo Cars, partners in an innovative supply relationship that’s a first for the Swedish car maker. Tower is providing Volvo’s assembly plant here with 90% of the exterior body-in-white panels for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.