GEORGETOWN, KY – Look out world, Toyota Motor Corp. just found a way to get more efficient. A lot more efficient. Acknowledged as a global authority on all things "lean," Toyota recently unveiled for journalists here its Global Body Line, a radical, company-wide overhaul of its already much-envied flexible manufacturing process. GBL totally revamps Toyota’s previous flexible body assembly philosophy – the Flexible Body Line – that’s been in place since 1985. A vehicle proceeds ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.