DETROIT – Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. is earmarking a portion of its marketing budget this year to promoting the Venza cross/utility vehicle, as the model continues to underperform company expectations. “Venza is a terrific vehicle,” Bob Carter, Toyota Div. group vice president and general manager, tells Ward’s in a recent interview here. However, the nameplate awareness is in the 20% range, he says, compared with the Prius and Camry, which enjoy a 90% recognition rate. “So, we’ve ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.