Malaysia’s UMW Toyota Motor Sdn. Bhd. says the current complete-knocked-down assembly of its cars will be restructured as the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations’ Free Trade Area (AFTA) pact takes effect in the country. January marked the inauguration of Malaysia’s eased import duties. The new rules cut taxes on vehicles imported from ASEAN countries to 20% from as much as 190%. Eventually, the taxes will be eliminated. Toyota looks to improve market share in Malaysia. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.