Toyota Motor Corp. and First Automotive Works reportedly are preparing to ink an agreement that will expand their relationship in China. The Japanese news agency Jiji says Toyota President Fujio Cho will attend a Beijing signing ceremony Aug. 29 that will broaden ties with FAW. Toyota already plans to produce 30,000 units in China under an agreement with a unit of Tianjin Automotive Industry Corp., which merged with FAW recently. Jiji says those plans include a new plant to open in 2005 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.