Toyota Motor Mfg. North America Inc. is expanding its Huntsville, AL, engine plant once again. Alabama Gov. Bob Riley made the announcement Sept. 24 in Huntsville. The plan will nearly double the size of the current facility, with production set to increase by 150,000 engines for a total of 400,000 units and employment rising to 800 with the addition of 300 jobs. It is the second major expansion at Huntsville in the last 14 months. Investment in the expansion is $250 million, bringing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.