CANBERRA – Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. Executive Chairman John Conomos is backing an industry call for a Productivity Commission review of the Australian auto industry to be moved up. A Toyota spokesman denies local media reports that Conomos is motivated by fears the industry will be unable to cope when tariffs fall to 5% in 2010. “That's not true,” the spokesman says. “What he has said is that perhaps the Productivity Commission review due in 2008 be brought forward to 2006 or ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.