CANBERRA – Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. marks the production of its 2 millionth locally built vehicle with a warning the company's exports will face strong new competition from Toyota operations in China. Australia was one of the first countries outside Japan to build Toyotas when the first Toyota Tiara was assembled here in April 1963. Toyota Celica It took 29 years to build the first million Toyotas in Australia and only 12 years to build the second million. Toyota ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.