CANBERRA – Toyota Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. is launching a A$5 million ($3.6 million) advertising campaign to convince buyers its gas-electric hybrid-powered Prius has moved from science experiment to mainstream entry. Peter Evans, Toyota Australia senior marketing manager, tells a media briefing that the Prius hasn’t sold well because the car-buying public still thinks it’s a concept car. Prius to launch in Australia. Through October, Toyota had sold 175 Priuses this year, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.