Toyota Motor Corp.’s new Avensis achieves the highest rating ever in the European New Car Assessment Program (NCAP), with a total of 34 points. Avensis also sets a new standard by becoming the first car to receive five stars under NCAP’s new tougher testing procedures. The new tests include a more accurate measurement of pedal movement, along with the adoption of a new deformable barrier face on the side-impact trolley. The new tests also utilize a more sensitive test dummy to improve ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.