NEW YORK – Toyota Motor Corp. proves once again it takes kaizen seriously with its ’04 Camry Solara coupe. Solara boasts record development time of 19 months. The second-generation Solara was developed in U.S. facilities in 19 months, the shortest development time ever for a Toyota-brand vehicle sold in the U.S., officials say at the vehicle’s recent unveiling here. Solara also is the most American among Toyota makes – with technical development undertaken by the Japanese ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.