Production supply issues rather than a shift in consumer preference allowed the Honda Accord to surpass 4-year reigning champ Toyota Camry to become America’s No.1 selling passenger car for the ’01 model year, claims Toyota Motor Corp. top brass. The Accord also is well on its way to topping the Camry in calendar year sales, with deliveries through October of 355,333 units vs. Camry’s 328,169. For the just-beginning ’02 model year, Accord and Camry are neck and neck, with 35,492 units ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.