While the car may look similar to its predecessor, under its skin the seventh-generation Toyota Camry is a stronger, quieter, lighter vehicle than the one it replaces. “We created the new Camry with a lightweight design, which contributes to better fuel economy, as well as improved handling, acceleration and enhanced braking performance,” Chief Engineer Yukihiro Okane says at a media event for the new ’12 model. Weight reduction is the biggest difference to the non-hybrid sedan’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.