Toyota Motor Corp. will increase production capacity at its Burnaston, U.K., plant to meet rising demand for the Corolla and Avensis cars built there. The auto maker will invest $90 million to expand the plant to boost production from 220,000 units to 270,000 by 2005. The expansion also will create 500 new jobs at the facility. Toyota’s move comes on the heels of a recent decision to bump up production capacity at its Yaris plant in France. The auto maker will increase Yaris output by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.