SAO PAULO – Toyota do Brasil Ltda. produces its first flex-fuel model, a Corolla capable of running on 100% ethanol or gasoline or a blend of the two, using Brazilian and Japanese technology. Brazil, which has been making ethanol from sugarcane for more than 30 years, last year saw flex-fuel vehicle sales surge. GM do Brasil Ltda. says 95% of the cars it builds now are FFVs. Most other auto makers building cars in the country offer FFV models, and Japanese auto makers finally have ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.