YORK TOWNSHIP, MI – Officials from Toyota Motor Corp. and the state of Michigan broke ground today on the $150 million Toyota Technical Center U.S.A. Inc. expansion here that will open in mid-2008. At the event, which was attended by Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm and Toyota Executive Vice President Kazuo Okamoto, Toyota confirms it will add a $37 million 180,000-sq.-ft. (16,723-sq.-m) safety-testing facility on the ground, the first of its kind in North America. The auto maker says it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.