BANGALORE – Toyota Motor Corp. is embracing India in its global supplier network, while at the same time looking to gain a substantial share in the country’s vehicle market by 2010. The Japanese auto maker is launching both its International Multipurpose Vehicle program and a new global platform that supports it. The IMV will include Indian-made transmissions and will be exported to numerous countries worldwide. Toyota Corolla Verso is among vehicles coming to India. Two plants ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.