Toyota Motor Corp. will build a $124 million die-casting plant to make aluminum engine blocks in Jackson, TN. The plant will be a wholly owned subsidiary of Toyota Motor Mfg. North America Inc. and the third plant of Bodine Aluminum Inc. of Missouri, which is the aluminum block die-casting unit Toyota purchased in 1990. The Jackson facility is expected to open in 2005, produce 1 million units annually and employ 200 workers. Toyota says it expects the facility to be expanded over several ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.