Toyota Motor Corp. plans to put into production a version of its FJ Cruiser concept, first shown at this year’s Detroit auto show. FJ slated for production. Insiders tell Ward’s the rugged-looking compact SUV is due out in the ’06 model year and will be produced on the same platform as the Tacoma compact pickup truck at the Toyota-General Motors Corp. New United Motor Mfg. Inc. joint venture in Fremont, CA. (See related story: Lexus Mulls Supercar) Toyota officials say if the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.