SAO PAULO – Toyota Motor Corp. announces plans to build a new factory in Sorocaba, Brazil, 56 miles (90 km) from Sao Paulo. The new facility will reduce pressure on Toyota do Brasil Ltda.’s existing Sumare plant and enable the auto maker to expand Corolla production. Brazilian buyers currently have to wait more than 90 days for certain Corolla models. The new facility is expected to employ 2,500 workers and begin operations in 2011. Toyota purchased land for the new factory along the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.