Toyota Motor Corp. reportedly will begin assembly of its Prius gas-electric hybrid model in China by the end of next year. Toyota will team up with China’s largest auto maker, FAW Group Corp., to build the model, which has been a hot seller in the U.S., leading Toyota to increase production 50% at the Japanese plant that builds the model for the U.S. market. (See related story: Toyota Ups Prius Production 50%) Also part of the deal between Toyota and FAW is a possible hybrid version ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.