The $442 million Toyota Motor Corp. will spend on an expansion of its Cambridge, Ont. plant to produce the Lexus RX300 sport/utility vehicle (SUV) in 2003 is the first major Japanese investment in Canada since the World Trade Organization ruled that Canadian policy discriminates against foreign automakers. Production will increase from 200,000 to 220,000, including 60,000 RX300s, and employment grows from 2,700 to 3,000. There is also speculation the Toyota-badged Highlander will be built ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.