Toyota Motor Corp. reportedly has purchased a 5.9% stake in Isuzu Motors Ltd. for ¥44 billion ($374.7 million). Toyota President Katsuaki Watanabe says the tie-up with the truck maker will allow the auto maker to increase its diesel engine availability and improve its existing diesel technology. “We consider hybrid technology as one effective solution, but in light of the varying regulations and energy policies in different countries, as well as the proliferation of fuel sources, we need ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.