Toyota Motor Corp.’s Canadian unit is being investigated because its Internet-based Access Toyota retail website may have violated price-fixing laws, say reports. The Canadian Competition Bureau says it has received complaints that the system sets prices that cannot be negotiated. A Toyota Canada Inc. spokesman says the system was thoroughly checked before it was launched to make sure it didn’t violate the Competition Act. Access Toyota is meant to give consumers guaranteed prices on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.