SAN ANTONIO – Toyota Motor Corp. President Katsuaki Watanabe and Honorary Chairman Shoichiro Toyoda make rare public appearances in the U.S. today, as the auto maker officially opens its new $1.28 billion truck assembly plant here. “(The new Tundra) is built in America for Americans,” Watanabe says. The ’07 Toyota Tundra is the auto maker’s third attempt at creating a fullsize pickup truck. Although the Japanese auto maker has a scant 5% of the overall fullsize pickup segment in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.