CANBERRA – Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. is denying media reports that it will close its local assembly plant and move car production offshore if Australia signs a free-trade agreement with the U.S. Toyota Australia concerned over effect proposed free-trade agreement would have on Camry production. Toyota Australia President Ken Asano quickly issued a statement refuting reports, noting Toyota continues to invest heavily in its Australian operations. However, he says Toyota ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.