Toyota Motor Corp. will undertake European road trials of an electric-powered version of its iQ city car next year. The iQ electric vehicle is scheduled to go on sale in the U.S. in 2012, but the auto maker is looking at its potential in other markets, including Europe, Japan and China, its U.K. subsidiary Toyota (GB) plc says in a statement. The further development of Toyota’s EV program follows the unveiling of the RAV4 EV at the recent L.A. Auto Show, a model produced in partnership ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.