SAO PAULO — Toyota Motor Corp. is evaluating five of its vehicles that could use the same platform as the Corolla in order to add a second car to its Indaiatuba factory near here next year. Hiroyuki Okabe, president of Toyota Brasil, says one possibility is the Matrix minivan. Also under consideration is a hatchback, pickup and van. One bit of good news for Toyota is that the new tax structure will allow the price of the Corolla to be slashed US$1,250. Entry-level cars, however, will be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.