Toyota will use high-efficiency Atkinson-cycle engines in its new Hybrid Synergy Drive powertrains. Toyota Motor Corp. says its more-powerful, second-generation hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) will continue to use internal combustion engines that operate with the high-efficiency Atkinson cycle, says David Hermance, director of the Toyota Technical Center. Hermance provides Ward's with several details of the company’s new Hybrid Synergy Drive system not available when Toyota ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.