DANA POINT, CA – Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. is “substantially ahead” of where it intended to be this year in terms of cutting costs and does not need to move workers out of California to save money, a top company official says. And, after a period of restructuring, the auto maker now is in “cost-containment mode,” Bob Carter, group vice president and general manager-Toyota Div., tells Ward’s. “We made a huge reduction in selling expense over the last year,” he says here during a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.