Toyota Motor Corp. and mini-car specialist Daihatsu Motor Co. Ltd. enter into a $90 million tie-up to develop an inexpensive small car for Indonesia. The Japanese auto makers are anticipating the emergence of a strong domestic car market in Indonesia, expected to top 350,000 units this year and grow another 10% next year. Toyota currently sells some 100,000 vehicles annually in Indonesia. The auto makers recently launched two almost identical vehicles there: the Toyota Avanza and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.